Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge Nebraska

MOST WORSHIPFUL GRAND MASTER Henry D. Atkinson 33º
 
 

MWPHGLNE: Subordinate Lodges


In the year 1875, the Grand Lodge of Missouri granted a warrant to a constitutional number of Master Masons to constitute and establish a Lodge to be known as Rough Ashler No. 74, A.F. & A.M., in Omaha, Nebraska. Shortly afterwards, other Lodges were established by the Grand Lodge of Iowa and Missouri in Nebraska.

The Lodges in Nebraska, of the Missouri and Iowa Jurisdiction, became interested in the formation of a Grand Lodge of the Nebraska Jurisdiction.

Rough Ashler No. 74, of the Missouri Jurisdiction, the oldest Lodge in the state, was represented to issue a call for the convention of several Lodges, to be held July 19, 1919.

Brother Walter Seals, Worshipful Master of Rough Ashler Lodge, issued the call, and the meeting was opened at 10:45 A.M., July 19, 1919, in Omaha, Nebraska. At this meeting, six lodges were represented and the Nebraska Jurisdiction began its existence.

Proceeding the July 19, 1919 meeting, at which the first cabinet of the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Nebraska, A. F. & A. M. was elected, they were duly and regularly installed at the First Official Communication on August 2, 1919.

In 1928, the Grand Lodge purchased property for a Masonic Temple at 26th & Blondo Street in Omaha, Nebraska. This property was later sold at a minimum price. The present Masonic Temple located at 2414 Ames Avenue in Omaha, Nebraska was purchased by the Grand Lodge in 1967. The Grand Lodge of Nebraska maintains a second Masonic Temple in Lincoln, Nebraska, which is primarily used by the members of Lebanon No. 3.

At present, the Nebraska Jurisdiction currently has seven Subordinate Lodges.
Please be sure to visit the various Lodge Pages linked below to see how our members maintain the beehive
.


Rough Ashler #1

Chartered 1919

Excelsior #2

Chartered 1919

Lebanon #3

Chartered 1919

Rescue #4

Chartered 1919

Omaha #9

Chartered 1919

Nat Hunter #12

Chartered 1942

Anchor #14

Chartered 1945


 
 

Making Good Men Better!